Our client one of the largest UK independent oil producers in the UK North Sea are currently looking for a Senior Category Lead for a provisional 6-Month contract.
The individual will be required to manage the evaluation and integration of complex customer requirements often demanding innovative solutions supporting our 24/7 operations. Focus will be on HSE&A and creating value and delivering service excellence through applying efficient supply chain principles in helping the business achieve top quartile performance.
This position involves managing interfaces with suppliers/partners to ensure that all objectives are achieved, including the relevant audit requirements, but more particularly, providing a value-driven service to in-house customers.
- Deliver integrated Supply Chain support in an Exploration and Production (E&P) environment - across categories that relate to Engineering, Integrity and Production Operations.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder focus with advanced experience in Pre and Post contract management.
- Implement and maintain a safe production environment, abiding by and reinforcing Company's HSE&A policy.
- Implement effective Category Management for select areas of spend and undertake effective Contractor Performance Management Programs to position both the company and contractor for success.
- Champion change associated with the consolidation and preferred management approach towards existing contracts.
- Provide excellent service to all users balancing value, expediency and efficiency.
- Undertake contract negotiation and management to ensure that commercial standards are being adhered to and risk exposure is mitigated accordingly.
- Participate in the delivery of an effective supplier performance management program.
- Undertake market analysis and trends.
- Lean process management and re-engineering as required to maximise efficiency in the Contracts function and lead continuous operational/contractor improvement.
- Effective evaluation and management of supplier risks through systematic audit procedures.
- Active participation in supply chain initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to articulate issues in a clear and concise manner
- High level of influencing skills
- Produces work of accurate and presentable quality in the appropriate formats
- Able to demonstrate personal effectiveness in previous roles
- Works in a collaborative manner
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Risk evaluation and management within a supply management context
- Customer focussed orientation with the ability to fully understand and respond to customer requirements.
- Modelling of costs and evaluation of SCM solutions in an Exploration and Production environment
- The ability to make effective value-driven decisions within a short timeframe
- Can demonstrate sound experience in negotiation and drafting of UKCS supply chain agreements including working knowledge of commercial and contractual terms and conditions.
- Can demonstrate in depth experience of sourcing activities for large multimillion-dollar contracts.
- An understanding of E&P activity, particularly in relation to the UKCS where practical experience must be demonstrated.
- Comprehensive understanding of the key strategic drivers relevant to upstream operations and the risks that require to be understood and mitigated against.
- A working knowledge of Oil & Gas Supply Chain in the relevant areas of business
- Experience with effective Contractor Performance Management Programs
- Well versed in Contract structures, templates, formats with special emphasis on LOGIC
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of contracting within an ERP application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer services and Interpersonal skills
- Meeting facilitation/ Multi-media Presentation skills
- Advanced negotiation skills