Worley wind is currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer to join our business based in Great Yarmouth on a permanent basis.
Your role as Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting the assigned Project Manager/Team Leader regarding tendering, Project execution of one or more simultaneous projects in accordance with a valid, executed contract.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce and issue project reporting along with processing and returning any project related documentation.
- Produce Workpacks, Risk Assessments and Method Statements for Inspection and Maintenance workscopes.
- Request manpower with the planning team and produce/issue work packs to project resources.
- Ensure safe operations with correct paperwork and procedures.
- Leading & arranging project KO meetings.
- Ensure correct tooling and parts are pre-planned before the project kick-off.
- Adhere to and enforce all Worley policies & procedures.
- WIP reviews
- Maximise opportunities with the current client base to increase turnover for the department.
- Ensure all client requests are dealt with within a timely manner (max 8 hours).
- Selecting suitable components and procure materials for assigned projects
- Liaising with Support Services cluster for any personnel travel/accommodation requirements
- Create quotations for required materials and maintenance as required
- Procuring equipment and organising relevant servicing alongside monitoring stores reporting of Goods-In
- Liaising with relevant business clusters to ensure successful project delivery
Commercial & Proposals:
- Assisting with preparation of pre-qualification documentation
- Assisting with preparation of tender documentation
- Assisting with rates schedules
- Assisting with the review of commercial Terms & Conditions
- Create and submit variation orders, monthly invoices and purchase orders for the project.
- Budget management, meeting commercial targets,
- Ongoing review and observation of contract T&C's.
- Produce quotations for review and submission.
- Ensuring accuracy of QR entries.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of Income Stream.
Safety & Quality:
- Ensure the continuous improvement of work packs and procedures.
- Ensure the continuous skill and performance of the technician pool, recommending any upskilling to the Inspection Team Leader.
- Ensure certification management department are receiving adequate and good quality data back from the technicians.
- Stand as a safety ambassador for the Inspection team.
- In conjunction with the project engineers & QHSE contribute to the review of risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment for technicians and project teams.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Preferably Holding a qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 4 (HNC/Foundation Degree) or higher in a relevant subject.
- Experience working in offshore or onshore Wind Industry
- Understanding of profit, loss, margin calculations, commercial awareness as well as the ability to be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Experience with managing large teams of people and training/development.
- Must be able to provide evidence of consistent and relevant industry experience in projects, or operations.
- Experience with carrying out inspection, maintenance and troubleshooting of WTG Personnel lifts, Cranes and Davits.
- Experience with Carrying out inspection work scopes on lifting and safety equipment.
- Ability to Provide technical advice for Lifts, Cranes, davits and associated equipment.