Worley wind is currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer to join our business based in Great Yarmouth on a permanent basis.
Your role as Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting the assigned Project Manager/Team Leader regarding tendering, Project execution of one or more simultaneous projects in accordance with a valid, executed contract. In accordance with company policies and procedures and work instructions for customized and standardised products, services and field operations of Worley Wind. Whilst upholding the companies commitments to quality, health and safety and the environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Inspection projects are delivered on time.
- Produce and issue project reporting.
- Process and return any project related documentation.
- Request manpower with the planning team.
- Produce and issue work packs to project resources.
- Ensure safe operations with correct paperwork and procedures.
- Leading & arranging project KO meetings.
- Ensure correct tooling and parts are pre-planned before project kick-off.
- Adhere to and enforce all Worley policies & procedures.
- Supply clients with regular updates and documentation as requested
- WIP reviews.
- Manage each client stakeholders to ensure the company and Group are held up as a benchmark partner in all our markets.
- Maximise opportunities with current client base to increase turnover for the department.
- Ensure all client requests are dealt with within a timely manner (max 8 hours).
- Selecting suitable components for assigned projects
- Liaising with Support Services cluster for any personnel travel/accommodation requirements
- Procure Required materials for assigned projects
- Create quotations for required materials and maintenance as required
- Procuring equipment and organising relevant servicing alongside monitoring stores reporting of Goods-In
- Liaising with relevant business clusters to ensure successful project delivery
- maintaining a thorough understanding of Income Stream.
- In conjunction with the project engineers & QHSE contribute to the review of risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment for technicians and project teams.
- Assisting with preparation of pre-qualification documentation
- Assisting with preparation of tender documentation
- Assisting with rates schedules
- Assisting with the review of commercial Terms & Conditions
Commercial Awareness & Finance:
- Commercial/Contractual awareness.
- Raise variation orders.
- Budget management, meeting commercial targets,
- Ongoing review and observation of contract T&C's.
- Produce quotations for review and submission.
- Raise monthly invoices at job or month-end and maintain clients purchase orders to ensure they are not exceeded.
- Ensuring accuracy of QR entries.
- Create and submit Worley purchase orders for any project related purchases.
Health & Safety:
- Legislative compliance and a duty of care.
- Represent the Group as a safety ambassador to the of the Inspection team, also to the Group's client base.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of work packs and procedures.
- Ensure the continuous skill and performance of the technician pool, recommending any upskilling to the Inspection Team Leader.
- Ensure certification management department are receiving adequate and good quality data back from the technicians.
- Preferably Holding a qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 4 (HNC/Foundation Degree) in a relevant subject.
- Preferably Holding either an NVQ Level 5 (HND/2nd Year Foundation Degree) or an NVQ Level 6 (Full University Degree) in a relevant subject is desirable
- A Good literacy and numeracy skills with an understanding of profit, loss, margin calculations, general good commercial awareness as well as the ability to be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Good Analytical and PC skills, including but not limited to full Microsoft office suite i.e. Word, Excel etc.
- Project and contract management skills.
- Effective communication, organisation and presentation skills.
- O&G or wind background.
- Experience with managing large teams of people and training/development.
- Must be able to provide evidence of consistent and relevant industry experience in projects, or operations.
- Software experience of Sharepoint, SAVIOM, MIC and Sage is advantageous
- Ability to organise and prioritise and effectively balance multiple priorities and resources.