Primat Recruitment is looking for an Operations Superintendent to join one of the North Sea's leading operators on a permanent basis.
As the Operations Superintendent, you are responsible for managing day-to-day production operations in a safe and efficient manner for either an offshore or onshore production installation. A key focus will be on optimizing production through compliance with and communication of regulatory requirements and changes.
- Propels high safety acumen with regards to FPSO facility daily operations. Lead and participate in proactive safety performance and KPl's. Provide input to the Process Safety monitoring system as required
- Provide first line Operations and Process support as required on a day to day basis for operational problems and other unplanned events that impact production delivery
- Develop/review related Operations and Maintenance procedures for use into the Operations phase
- Performance monitoring of production plant and associated mechanical control systems and equipment, ensuring that appropriate programmes are developed in support of Operations Plant Optimisation in the longer term
- Manage the unit loss reporting process ensuring that all production and environmental losses are recorded and investigated with appropriate remedial action recommendations clearly submitted to the unit management team
- Provide discipline based input in support of operations to any systems such as Maintenance or Verification and for all related aspects of the topsides facilities operations and for all FPSO marine systems that interface with the topsides. This may entail extended offshore visits
- Own appropriate operational contracts relating to first line operations and production support. Ensure that these contracts effectively support the production of delivery objectives and that supporting vendors and suppliers comply with company standards i.e. Safety, Environmental and Quality Management etc.
- Act as primary focal point for Process TA support, ensuring input to engineering design assurance activities such as HAZID/ENVID/HAZOP as necessary. Endorse closure of all associated actions
- Carry out site visits to ensure full understanding of any project related matters, communicating any project progress on relevant matters to key offshore stakeholders
- Provide input to the operational and shutdown plans, provide direction, input and monitoring of production regarding execution and timely resolution of issues which impair operating efficiency / production
- Provide operational support to modification or study teams or projects, ensuring all plant modifications fully comply with Management of Change (MOC) procedures, Company Specifications, Standards and Procedures and expectations and are fully assessed and approved
- Generate scopes of work, detailed cost estimates, and, where necessary, compile maintenance and minor modification work packs for offshore implementation ensuring compliance with the Management of Change (MOC) procedure for minor modifications
- Provide input to the development of the operating budgets which are realistic, efficient and will fulfil business needs, and manage expenditure for all work scopes within the limits of agreed budgets
Qualifications, Training & Certificates.
Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent), as well as relevant engineering experience either on or offshore in an associated organisation
Ability to work as a member or leader of a team and communicate effectively with onshore and offshore staff at all levels
Demonstrate skills in Mechanical and Production equipment engineering problem solving particularly with the interface with modern microprocessor based control and shutdown systems
An awareness of budgetary control and the ability to deliver tasks to program and cost targets
Chartered Process Engineer or qualifications leading to chartered status
Demonstrable experience including time spent in an on/offshore environment with an operator or operations contractor
Knowledge of business and operational planning processes
Willingness to go offshore for visits, or occasional Production Supervisory cover