Worley is currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager to join our business on a permanent basis based within our Grimsby office.
The Operations Manager reports to the Operations Director and is primarily accountable for managing a portfolio of customers, projects and functions (eg Workshop). The key areas of responsibility are Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost. Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of activities. These include Customer management, Project management, Business and Strategic planning and forecasting. The Operations Manager will also have a key role in the sales process with respect to winning new work.
The Operations Manager role is to ensure that the stakeholder objectives of all customers are met. Projects and activities undertaken can be on a variety of contracts basis eg lump sum, reimbursable or risk and reward. Project size and complexity can vary significantly. The key Top levels objectives and targets that need to be met are Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- The promotion of safety and quality on all activities in consultation with quality and safety representatives.
- The management of a team of Project Managers, Superintendents and other employees, in order to meet the business objectives.
- Development of the team to ensure that both current and future deliverables are achieved.
- Establishment of the customer and project plans. To include definition on objectives and strategies, work scope, risk and opportunities, overall work plan and schedule, financial plan, quality and safety requirements, etc. This will be consistent with the terms of the respective contract as well as Worley and Customer operational plans and procedures.
- The administering of the contract agreements between Worley and its Customers.
- The administering of the contract agreements between Worley and its subcontractors whereby Worley and Client interests are protected and costs are managed.
- The maintaining of close contact with respective Customers throughout all activities to ensure satisfactory reaction to customer's needs.
- The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to Worley and Client.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
- Preparation of regular OPR reviews to monitor customer performance versus expectations.
- Proactively support the Business Development Manager in the pursuit of new customers and opportunities.
- Responsible for approval of proposals as per the current authority levels
- Participation in Monthly Management reviews.
- Deputising for the Operation Director as required.
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject OR HND/HNC and preferably membership of appropriate Institute.
- Leading and managing multidiscipline projects through all phases of design, construction, commissioning and closeout.
- Experience in either mechanical, structural, E&I or controls engineering discipline.
- Experience in project and/or operational management of multidiscipline engineering design teams.
- Experienced in coordinating and interfacing with construction team and sub-contractors.
- Experienced in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost, schedule and change without compromising HSSEQ standards.
- Experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with customers and sub-contractors.
- Propose and execute remedial actions for all identified problem areas associated with schedule slippage.
- The candidate needs to be disciplined and organized, with a process-orientated approach.