Job Title: HVAC Technician
Ref No: 17155
Start Date: 08/12/20
Worley are currently recruiting for an HVAC Technician for TAQA for 2/3 months.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our offshore team on the Brae Alpha.
- Work is carried out to the client and statutory Health & Safety standards/procedures and the Permit to Work System.
- Promote safety in all day to day activities.
- Attend departmental safety meetings.
- Promote and apply environmental awareness.
- Report and record all Health, Safety and Environmental related activities and incidents.
- Perform Toolbox Talks to work parties.
- Actively participate in safety improvement plans and systems, including; STOP and ASBA.
- Ensure work is performed to the highest quality.
Administration & Meetings
- Attend onshore meetings at Bridge View or Marathon House as requested.
- Attend daily morning Mechanical & HVAC brief.
- Ensure maintenance and construction records are maintained up-to-date and accurate.
- Recording test results and compiling adequate "As Built" drawings of any 'on site' changes.
- Become competent in raising Permits, Risk Assessments and all associated certification.
- Find and remedy faults on plant and equipment.
- Appreciation of all discipline related tools.
- Enter the accurate and appropriate information into SAP.
- Become familiar with platform plant and systems.
- Assist vendors as requested by supervisors.
- Complete all assigned work in a timely manner.
- Assist supervisors with any reporting functions.
- Stand in as Lead Mechanical Technician when required.
Training & Competence
- Attend training courses as requested.
- Achieve full competency within the CPP system
All candidates should hold the following Qualifications & certification:
- A recognised apprenticeship or training scheme.
- A minimum HNC or NVQ level 3 equivalent preferred.
- Offshore experience in a maintenance environment.
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Be fully conversant with all drawings specific to the discipline
- Be familiar with current legislation
- Be trained and experienced in the permit to work principles and application
- Have a good understanding of all discipline activities
- Have a good general knowledge of HVAC and Refrigeration systems
- Understand the process and role of a competent person
- Knowledge of equipment and plant certification requirements
- Use of precision measuring tools
- Lining up motors and fans
- Testing and repairing dampers
- LEV testing