Worley is looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation Project Manager to join our Field Services team in Grimsby.
You will be responsible for a variety of small and medium-sized projects and contracts, reporting to the Operations Manager.
The Project Manager role is to ensure that the stakeholder objectives are met. Projects undertaken can be on a variety of contract basis, lump sum, reimbursable or risk and reward. Project size and complexity can vary significantly. The key Top levels objectives and targets that need to be met are Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start-up and execution.
You will typically be allocated to projects which are Electrically biased, but could involve some mechanical scope as well as sub-contractor management.
- Establishment of the project execution plan. To include a definition of project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk and opportunities, overall work plan and schedule, financial plan, quality and safety requirements, etc. This will be consistent with the terms of the respective contract and Worley project execution plan mandatory contents.
- The administering of the contract agreements between Worley and its Client.
- The administering of the contract agreements between Worley and its subcontractors whereby Worley and Client interests are protected and costs are managed.
- The maintaining of close contact with respective Clients throughout the project to ensure satisfactory reaction to the client's needs or criticisms.
- The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to Worley and Client.
- Preparation of regular project progress and cost reports.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
- The promotion of quality and safety on the project in consultation with quality and safety representatives. The issuing of directions for Job close-out and the securing of the final project acceptance and contract release from the client.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Supporting the development of the E&I department within Worley Field Services.
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject OR HND/HNC and preferably membership of appropriate Institute.
- Leading and managing multidiscipline projects through all phases of design, construction, commissioning and closeout.
- Experience in E&I or controls engineering discipline, and a good understanding of electrical standards and regulations.
- Experience in project engineering of multidiscipline engineering design teams.
- Experienced in coordinating and interfacing with construction team and sub-contractors.
- Supporting the Proposals Manager and Operations Managers in the development of estimates and proposals.
- Experienced in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost, schedule and change without compromising HSSEQ standards.
- Experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with client and sub-contractors.
- Propose and execute remedial actions for all identified problem areas associated with schedule slippage.
- The candidate needs to be disciplined and organized, with a process-orientated approach.