Worley Wind is currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our offshore renewables business on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to strategically identify, develop and secure business opportunities in the offshore wind O&M sector building upon the current client engagements. In a continually challenging economic environment, the requirement for alternative commercial and innovative proposals continue to be a vital component of the position. Strong technical capability is key for this role to ensure that business opportunities can be realised for other aspects in the offshore wind sector, cross-selling across all aspects of the wind market will be key. The technical capability will be drawn upon to help diversify the O&M offering in Great Yarmouth. It is expected that the technical expertise in competencies such as structural foundations, geotechnical or electrical will allow for the resource to become chargeable overtime. The ideal candidate will have a strong developed network across the offshore wind sector and have a clear understanding of opportunities across the entire offshore wind lifecycle.
- Business Development Manager to work closely with the existing Worley Wind O&M team to ensure continuity with existing relationships.
- Lead strategic positioning, marketing and stakeholder communications to optimise profile in the market.
- Work pro-actively with other Business Development Leaders across Worley to ensure an aligned approach to maximise the benefit to all of Worley businesses.
- Focus on Worley Wind FEED, O&M, Synergy plays, turnkey solutions and positioning Worley for growth in the next 3-5 years building a diversified offering in the current Great Yarmouth business.
- The identification and engagement of Worley client focal points, influencers and decision
- Working with the Proposals function including technical input to tenders/bids and reviewing/approving documentation as required.
- Where possible work as an active SME on projects to build out relationships and the diversified offering.
- Provide strong commercial and contractual acumen in relation to contract reviews and customer expectations
- Provide up to date market data to ensure accurate figures and providing forecasts for future performance against Budget P&L.
- Working with the Communications department to ensure Worley global brand is delivered consistently and in line with diversity and inclusion policy.
- Preparing BD input for Leadership Team meetings as required.
Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality:
- Legislative compliance and a duty of care.
- Represent the company as a safety ambassador and implement proactive safety measures.
- Responsible for all aspects of Quality, Health & Safety, operating a safe workplace without risk to health within the area of influence.
- Establish, maintain and develop appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of organisational performance for those areas of responsibility. Ensure continuous improvement across the organisation.
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Attending and providing input to the internal weekly operations strategy meetings including providing an analysis of customer feedback and that Customer Account Plans are up to date.
- Support customer performance related meetings and ensure KPIs and contract management elements are provided in the handover to operations.
- Report any business risks to the Worley Wind Operations Director.
- Ensure alignment to DOA, Review content before submittal deadlines and sign off by the correct parties.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are met and any variations are raised for additional works.
Business Development & Client Management:
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy for inside sales team organisational development.
- Monitor, measure, maintain and report with Worley customer success platform (CSP) aligned to organisational development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Primary accountability for the business development, financial targets, its delivery against agreed strategy and business plan.
- Ensure that client positioning and strategy is effectively communicated throughout new energy BU so a coherent BD strategy is maintained and delivered effectively.
- Identification of Leads and Opportunities that will provide Worley with a sustainable and quantitative program of revenue growth with suitable bottom line return.
- Attending supplier forums and delivering presentations on services as required.
- Representing the company at conferences, industry events, meetings etc. as required.
- Manage key client stakeholders.
- Understand the client's needs and propose new services to the Worley Board.
Commercial & Finance:
- Budget control for the department and monthly reporting.
- Manage relevant reporting of management and financial information.
- Ensure departmental expenditure is managed and controlled within agreed budgets.
- Take executive action to respond to the needs of the business in directing the activities of the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure the continuous skill and performance development of the current workforce through appraisal and feedback to the resource management capability.
- Ensure our staff are adequately trained to perform their tasks on all Worley projects.
- Plan and manage internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, aims and activities
- Create, adhere to and enforce all policies.
Training and Qualifications:
- Preferred Safety management qualification from IOSH or NEBOSH.
- Business or Engineering Degree MSc
Skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully pursuing and leading a variety of renewable related opportunities across regions and sectors
- Strong technical experience working with clients on projects in the offshore wind sector.
- Track record of business growth and strategy implementation.
- Ability to be a 'do-er seller' working both outside and inside sales.
- Strong financial and commercial knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable leadership roles relating to opportunity management and coaching
- Demonstrable record in the delivery of successful opportunities
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Be a good motivator with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of client relations on a sustainable and long-term basis.
- Has a 'can do' attitude and drive to ensure that quality is maintained throughout the business development process.
- Very much a self-starter with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed and make a difference to the Operating Unit's overall contribution to profit.
- A desire to continue to develop personally, an ambitious individual who can operate comfortably at Director level.
- Excellent negotiation skills, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Effective sales, marketing and PR skills.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative flair.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- An understanding of budget control. Leading Joint Venture bids in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Has the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills.
- Has in-depth knowledge of the renewables industry, with a detailed technical understanding of the sector phases from conception through to O&M.
- Management experience inclusive of proven track record inclusive of P&L responsibility.
- Vast experience in working in the renewables industry experience management and interfacing with O&M requirements with OEMs and operators of wind farms.
- Previous experience managing teams and multiple projects.