Job Title: Appointed Person - Lifting Operations
Ref No: 17363
Duration: 2 trips
Mobilisation Point: Blackpool
Start Date: 03/03/2021
Worley is currently recruiting for an Appointed Person - Lifting Operations for Allseas
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our offshore team on the DP3
Key aims and objectives:
- Ensure all Project / Company HSEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Ensure all Lifting and Rigging personnel are aware of safe working practices/procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
- Effective liaison with any Client and/or Sub-Contractor/Vendor representatives.
- Deliver a high standard Lifting and Rigging service to the Project, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across all Lifting and Rigging activities, delivering best practices at all times.
- Manage, support and develop Lifting and Rigging personnel.
- Plan, supervise and support day-to-day Lifting and Rigging activities/personnel in the safe and structured delivery of the work scope and processes, ensuring all applicable site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Ensure Lifting and Rigging personnel are competent and possess the required skills - liaise with the Project Safety Representatives to ensure that all personnel have been adequately trained.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Responsible to the Construction Manager for providing the assurance through a technical audit that the management, control and execution of lifting operations are in compliance with the UK Statutory Regulations, the Clients Lifting Standards and procedures, and where applicable, the Worley Corporate Lifting standards.
- Ensure that all necessary regimes, standards, processes and procedures for the activities associated with lifting and moving of loads are established and are being suitably applied to provide assurance that all lifting operations are properly planned by competent people, risk assessed, appropriately supervised and completed within the boundaries of a safe system of work.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the site Lifting and Rigging Team to ensure all lifting operations are implemented safely and efficiently and in accordance with LOLER and BS7121 Parts 1, 2, 11 and any other applicable Project-specific lifting standards.
- Custodian for the management of change process for lift plans, ensuring all changes to lift plans are formally documented, evaluated and where applicable endorsed by the appropriate technical authority(s). All changes to the lift plan must be endorsed by the Appointed Person.
- Review and endorse all lift plans developed by the site / Project rigging function and those of Worley 3rd party contractors and Specialist Sub-Contractors / Vendors.
- Ensure that the technical integrity of all lifting equipment used on the site / Project is continually assured thorough the performance of regular lifting equipment inspections are carried out in accordance with the requirements of LOLER and where applicable, the Assets Written Scheme of Examination (WSE).
- Review / approve any Sub-Contractor / Vendor lift plans and risk assessments.
- Liaise with Construction Engineers to identify Site Queries.
- Develop and submit Construction activity permitry, lift plans, method statements and risk assessments in line with client gate criteria procedures/schedule.
- Ensure that all Lifting and Rigging work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications and Company systems of quality assurance are strictly adhered to and assist the Project quality team in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
- Supervise/conduct tool-box-talks.
- Monitor and report progress on a regular basis - daily / weekly / monthly.
- Attend / input in Project meetings.
- Liaise with site Control of Work personnel to ensure daily work permits are issued and any issues are resolved.
- Monitor barrier management and ensure barrier owners adhere to site / Project barrier procedures.
- Liaise with Project personnel to identify and deliver early Construction / Commissioning / Project gains.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID's and other drawings are produced in line with Construction requirements.
- Liaise with Client representatives to ensure, where applicable / required, Construction data/services are supplied.
- Audit site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
All candidates should hold the following Qualifications & certification:
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
- A Valid Competent Person Qualification issued by one of the following award bodies :
- CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card)
- LOLER Competent Person (Certificate of Competence OPITO)
- ECITB Appointed Person - Appointed Person Moving Loads (Certificate of Training) and TAP01 Planning a Rigging Operation (Certificate of Achievement)
- *Note: for onshore operations and construction sites, where mobile cranes are used, it is a requirement that the AP has the CPCS A61 Blue Card qualification.
- Lifting Equipment Inspection
- Rigging Loft Management
- Managing Working at Height
- Working at Height/Harness Equipment User
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / Powerpoint etc).
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Safety Passport (offshore position only).
- Assessor or Verifier qualification.
- Manual Handling Assessor.
- Banksman / Slinging Stage 3 (OPITO).
- Performing Authority experience.
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Extensive experience and proven competence in the planning, risk assessment and safe implementation of lifting operations during Construction activities.
- Fully conversant within BSEN technical standards, processes and procedures for assuring the technical Integrity of lifting equipment (e.g. thorough examination, certification and inspection requirements).
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in Oil and Gas Projects.
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving Project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process and its implementation.
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices/procedures.
- Able to interface and interact with Management and Client representatives at all levels.
- Detailed understanding of modern planning systems and their use in the execution of Construction as well as Project work scopes.
- Detailed knowledge of the Construction process and associated systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Permit to Work systems.
*Certain benefits are not applicable to employees who reside outside of the UK
*As a people business, we support flexible working and champion diversity and inclusion at all levels. We offer excellent remuneration and benefits packages, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects.